The Patient Navigator Program was established to respond and assist the clients who are experiencing difficulties and problems in accessing services through Non-Insured Health Benefits.
Patient Navigator is fluent in both English and Native Language.
The Patient Navigator can assist clients with:
- An appeal process when denial of services occurs
- Medical Transportation
- Meals and Accommodation
- Investigation of incidents, concerns and complaints
- Education and Awareness
- Interpretation of the Medical Transportation Policy
- Communication with NIHB
Communities served are within the Sioux Lookout Zone:
- Mattawa First Nations Council
- Keewaytinook Okimakanak/Northern Chiefs
- Windigo First Nations Council
- Independent First Nations Alliance
- Shibogama First Nations Council
- Unaffiliated First Nations
- Sandy Lake
The Patient Navigator’s office is located in Shibogama First Nations Council main building.
The Patient Navigator can be reached at:
Direct Line: 807-737-1623
Toll Free: 1-866-447-8388