Economic Development Officer
Deadline: Open until filled
Position Summary: The Economic Development Officer will provide advisory & technical services to member First Nations served by Shibogama First Nations Council. S/he will assist and coordinate to establish and develop the Economic Development Program initiatives with the formulation, drafting, planning, and implementing of economic strategies, development of business plans, business planning and proposal development. S/he will assist and advise in potential business ventures and opportunities by working closely with existing and newly established entities managed by Shibogama Chiefs.
• Assess, advise, analyse, and facilitate economic development planning initiatives and strategies.
• Plan and develop new ventures, businesses, and partnerships with Shibogama First Nations Council’s communities that reinforce
First Nations objectives and visions.
• To manage assets and initiatives of Shibogama First Nations Council.
• Provide general assistance that supports First Nations in developing their economics & training.
• Work with First Nation economic development officers to ensure maximum coordination of federal, and provincial funding
programs by meeting monthly.
• Assist First Nation businesses, First Nation members as directed by Chief and Council in the maintenance of existing businesses by
providing technical and business management services.
• Provide continued support for community economic and community development initiatives through service and project
management delivery to First Nations within limits of existing resources.
• Provide support to First Nation membership to assist in formulating resource management. strategies and community economic
• Assist and advise the Shibogama executive director in economic and business strategic directions.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required and perform duties as assigned by executive director.
• Degree of Diploma in Business or Commerce, or Business Development of Administration
• Equivalent work experience in commerce and/or finance is an asset
• Sound analytical, writing and business skills, and knowledgeable in reporting
• Knowledge of First Nation culture and knowledge of Oji-Cree would be an asset
• Possess a valid class G driver’s license and ability to travel
• Obtain a criminal records check
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to:
Shibogama First Nations Council
P.O. Box 449, 81 King St.
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1A5