Education Advisory and Advocacy Services
Carmen Brown Harper
Position: Transition Coordinator
Contact: Mobile – 807-738-5789
The transition coordinator is responsible for developing and coordinating a transition program to provide practical information and guidelines to support systematic transition planning for teachers, parents/guardians and other stakeholders involved in assisting students through the transition from the elementary schools in the community to high school. This includes:
- Developing policies and procedures for the transition program;
- Ensuring that a transition program is implemented in each elementary school;
- Coordinating the transition process between the schools, the students, the parents, and the LEA;
- Supervising the implementation and evaluation of the various components of the program including the “My Good Life” lesson package;
- Ensuring that a transition plan is developed for each grade 8 student. This plan should profile their strengths, interests, needs, and talents;
- Liaising between schools in the northern communities and public schools; and
- Working with the schools to institute a comprehensive literacy program.
Position: EPP Liaison Officer
The Shibogama EPP Liaison Officer works closely with the Communities, Provincial Schools, NNEC schools and school boards. In conjunction with the Education team to ensure all students in the communities and urban areas receive the necessary resources to be successful in both academics and well-being.
The EPP Liaison Worker is working in collaboration with the Shibogama Education Team and SESS Program to improve the communication and working relations with the Provincial Schools, students' parents, and Community Education Directors.
Grant J Stephens
Position: Teacher Coach/Consultant
The Teacher Coach provides support and mentorship to staff by:
- Building professional networks;
- Identifying and coordinating professional learning;
- Identify resource people for training modules;
- Coordinate programs as per EEAP