Employment Opportunity (Internal/External)
On behalf of the Sioux Lookout District First Nations, Shibogama First Nation Council invites applications for the following position:
Patient Navigator position is a full-time professional position that will be reviewed on an annual basis. The Patient Navigator will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for managing, developing and implementing the patient liaison services with Sioux Lookout district First Nations clients. The Patient Navigator will be part of the program team working towards fulfilling the vision and mission of Shibogama First Nation Council mandate and its policies, and ensure compliance with the overall program requirements for the Sioux Lookout District.
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the SFNC Executive Director, the Patient Navigator will carry out the responsibilities for advocating and providing support to the First Nation clients who are having difficulties with their patient services under the Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) program. The Patient Navigator will oversee and coordinate the patient liaison services program.Education & Experience Requirements:
- Post-Secondary Education in Health or Related field
- Minimum of three (3) years prior work experience with First Nations or organizations is required
- Working knowledge of federal and provincial policies and services, particularly Health Canada relevant to First Nation health.
- Knowledge of computerized management information systems and literacy
- Proficient written communication skills and good information systems and literacy
- Be self-motivated, innovated and proactive with the ability to multi-task, prioritized tasks, demands and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to advocate and support clients
- Fluency in Oji-Cree
- Ability to understand medical terminology and willingness to learn and interpret
- Possess a valid Driver’s license
Term: Full-Time Position
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location of Employment: A candidate will reside in Sioux Lookout
Salary: is based on qualification and experience
Application must include a cover letter, resume, two references including most recent employer, certificate of qualification and recent criminal reference check, in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, applicants must provide a signed and dated statement authorizing SFNC personnel to contact references.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 6, 2017 at 4:00PM
Applicants must be directed to: Matthew Angees, Interim Executive Director
Shibogama First Nations Council
P.O. Box 449
Sioux Lookout, Ontario P8T-1A5
PH: (807) 737-2662 ext. 2280 Fax: (807) 737-1583
Email and Faxed resumes along with required documentation will be accepted. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We wish to thank you in advance to all those who submit an application.