The Registered Nurses Association (RNAO) in partnership with Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA), Chiefs of Ontario (COO), Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN), and Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) invite you to join us on us on September 15th at 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. (EDT) for an "Approaches to Mental Health and Substance Use for Health-Care Providers Supporting Indigenous People and Communities During COVID-19" Webinar with special guest speakers:
· Mae Katt, NP, Thunder Bay
· Dr. Sharon Cirone, Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
· Dr. Lindsay Hancock, Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority
The objectives of this webinar are to:
1. Overview of mental health and substance use issues in Indigenous communities;
2. The impact of COVID-19 on these issues;
3. Review of withdrawal management tools and resources; and
4. Review of the prevention and management of opioid overdoses.
To register please visit: https://myrnao.ca/indigenouswebinarsept15
Please feel free to share the attached flyer with your colleagues.
We look forward to seeing you online Sept 15